Restaurant and Bar Insurance in Lake Oswego, Oregon
Restaurants and bars are exposed to various risks that make them vulnerable to lawsuits and other liabilities. Obtaining a comprehensive insurance policy is critical to help mitigate these risks .
What Is Bar Insurance?
Restaurant and bar insurance helps provide coverage that protects your business, assets and employees. There are many risks associated with running a restaurant, which can be mitigated by having the proper insurance policy.
What Kind of Insurance Do You Need for a Restaurant?
A restaurant insurance policy typically includes some combination of the following coverages:
- General liability insurance may help cover a company’s legal liability after accidental third-party property damage or bodily injury.
- Property insurance may offer financial protection if a restaurant’s property is ruined or damaged in an insurable event, such as a fire or theft.
- Liquor liability insurance may pay legal expenses and claims brought on by customers injured by an individual who was drinking at your establishment.
- Workers’ compensation insurance may help provide replacement income and medical benefits to employees injured or ill due to a work-related incident.
- Business interruption insurance may provide ongoing income if your business is forced to shut down or cover costs for relocating your restaurant temporarily.
- Equipment breakdown coverage may cover the cost of repairing equipment that has broken down for reasons other than improper maintenance.
- Spoilage coverage may provide payment if a power outage or equipment malfunction causes perishable food to spoil.
The Types of Businesses Insured as a Restaurant or Bar
Types of business that may be insured as a restaurant or bar include the following:
- Fast food establishments
- Ice cream shops
- Fine dining facilities
- Pizza shops
- Food delivery services
Who Needs Restaurant Insurance?
Any business that cooks or serves food should have adequate restaurant insurance.
Quote for Restaurant and Bar Insurance in Oswego, OR
Contact Action Insurance Company for a quote for restaurant or bar insurance. We can help you find the coverage you need.